বুধবার, ১৬ মে, ২০১২

My political schooling:Some moments taken from my life.

I remember,it was 2001. I went to a procession of a political party.That was the formal beginning of my life in the street.
Although my informal political schooling I was receiving from the earliest part of my life when I learnt to think.Knowingly or unknowingly I was receiving best teaching possible for my life.
I am very grateful to my grandfather who still making great mark upon my life.It was he who made me familiar with the public world,it was he who show me the way how to deal with public,it was he who show me how to talk in perfect measurement without losing the humor on it!
I still remember how I used to follow him by running as he walked..
Another great place of my schooling is the "boithak khana"(u may call it drawing room for your comforts sake.)
Everyday from the morning till evening and even at nights many people used to come in the "boithak khana".If my school was off my business was to seat in the corner of the room and listen their wisely talks,gossips and stories.Those talks were seemed interesting and new to me.I was never bored with their talks.I liked to listen whatever they talk.The room was jampacked with people by 10/11am.Politics,philosophy of life,theology,spirituality,romance,health issues all used to come..
My grandfather was a great speaker,he was exceptionally well taught in story telling and keeping the attention of the audiences(of course not from any university,he learnt it from life and work).
When he used to speak,it was always great to listen to him.
These are my few portions of my earlier schooling in the vast world of politics.
I don't know how it was always a good reputation for me to be "good boy"in the school and to the teachers though they knew I was a bit naughty!
But I was not a too good boy to keep my eyes only in the books!
Even in class eight I joined with the procession that for our disposed beloved Headmaster Jafor Ahmed Patwary who was a great icon to the students.The school committee conspired against him(some teachers also joined them!) so he had to go away from us unheroically!We,the students under the leadership of class 10 and 9 opposed that..But unfortunately it was a failure and we couldnt make our headmaster come again to us!
After some more stories a new headmaster came.We used to compare him with our earlier one.
He was smart,straight,strong,confident,bright,brave,meritorious,hard working with superior leadership quality but the newly one was the opposite!We used to seek fault in the new master and raised opinion against him.So at the beginning of our class 10,we found ourselves in protest against our headmaster!After so many threats,bullying,meetings he had to go away.It was a great event for us.Unknowingly(I was not fully conscious of the weight of it then,truly speaking!) I was the chief activist of it.I with the co-authorship of my friend Arif wrote a leaflet,made it composed and spread it all around the localities.From morning in the next it was the talk of the locality and the thana as well!
In the schooltime we refused to attend class and demanded the removal of headmaster.After so many stories,meetings and threats the headmaster had to go away.It was 2002 while we were in class 10,actually in the middle of the year.Truly I was not fully conscious on the weight of the event then.I just listened to the call of the demand,may be.
But now I try to remember those events and greatly inspired or awed by the weight and magnanimity of the events!
Now come to 2001,it was before national election,I took part in the procession for the first time(in national issue).We worked for BNP and opposed to failed Awami League.We used to have sharp debate among us on different political issues.Arif and me used to be in same line,Alauddin Muhammad Rana was to speak for Awami League!
Those were the tumultous beginning in the broad world of politics.From then on I had many hard times but never was I hopeless about politics.
In the college I was very lucky enough to have more schooling than before.Took many responsibilities as the leader of the "Humanities"(Arts) group.ID got some local responsibilities as well which was great teachings for me though I found it tough work to go on..Yet the experiences with them,talks,foods that I've taken with them,very simple foods that I've taken from the workers home are still in my mind.
Then on I feel politics is the ultimate way to serve a nation.I shouldnt be an evasive intellectual.I rather like sweating in the street and raising voice for people and work for the betterment of the lots of my countrymen.
Most of the youngsters here in Bangladesh are disenchanted about politics or wrongly taught about it.Politics is considered the ugliest profession(though it's not a profession,it's a devotion,it's a mission of life.And politicians are considered the vilest creatures on earth..
This shouldnt be the practice.Lets make the difference.Start our journey in this stoney,hard and rough path.
Fortune favors the brave.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন