মঙ্গলবার, ১২ মার্চ, ২০১৩

Mother in the West/ Europe

" Hear me profess sincerely: had I a dozen sons, each in my love alike, and none less dear than thine and my good Martius, I had rather had eleven die nobly for their country, than one voluptuously surfeit out of action."
(The Tragedy of Coriolanus, Act-1, Scene.3,line-2--25 ,William Shakespeare)


Here Volumnia, the mother of Caius Martius(afterwards Caius Martius Coriolanus) motivating Virginia, the wife to Caius Martius not to worry about her husband that he is going to war.
She said earlier, "...when for a day of kings' entreaties, a mother should not sell him an hour from her beholding; I, considering how honour would become such a person-that it was no better than picture-like to hang by th'wall, if renown made it not stir-was pleased to let him seek danger where he was like to find fame. To a cruel war I sent him, from whence he returned, his brows bound with oak. I tell thee, daughter, I sprang not more in joy at first hearing he was a man-child, than now in first seeing he had proved himself a man."(Act1, Scene3, line5-15)

Here we'll see how she is saying to her daughter in law that giving birth to man-child is not enough rather one have to let his/her son to become "man"(emphasize).

I wonder by now, if the mother is so brave how her children will be! How courageous and vigorous he will be!

Let all the mothers of Bangladesh be like her..!

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন