বুধবার, ৩১ অক্টোবর, ২০১২

The Dream that I saw on 30 November, 2012 :Explanation with the help of Freud

Spot-1

In a restaurant on a roof of a highrise building taking drinks(Even in dream I was non-alcoholic). A girl previously known to me came with her 2/3 elder relatives. Those elder women were black veiled and they were not welcoming in nature. We talked about different matters. She informed me of an upcoming important program that is with Ryan Rinkin/Ripkin(I'm not sure is there anyone named as such or any poet by this name!),a famous poet who came to Bangladesh to meet young poets and writers.


Spot-2

It was on a street I was following her but not that earlier girl in the restaurant but another transformed. She was not so beautiful but tempting.
(I now wonder of the transformation which was not caught in the dream!)


Spot-3

We were walking in a pavement in between tall tall trees in a garden where those trees were standing in an unique harmony. If a tree moved with the breeze other trees followed it. The standing of the trees in perfect line and their harmonious movement with the breeze erupted in me the definition of poetry. I found poetry to be in similitude with them. Some lines that I planned to speak in front of the poet already in shape.


Spot-4

Ryan Rinkin/Ripkin was sitting in the middle of a table rectangular in shape. The place was under open sky surrounded by some little trees may be in the tubs or planted in soil. I started speaking without any introduction or prologue of the definition of poetry that is -
Poetry is the wave that touches all the shores
Poetry is the gentle breeze which stirs all the leaves...
Then I tried to say something more but I stammered and paused, nothing was coming from hence. While I was speaking Razia Sultana Khan and Niaz Zaman whispered my name to Ryan Rinkin/Ripkin which gave me more pride and confidence while I was speaking. Ryan Rinkin/Ripkin after listening my definition gave a dubious smile which kept me in riddle whether it was approving or not. I was given some time to organize my thoughts and present again to them. So I sat in a corner with all my sheets and papers with me.
I was trying to organize my thoughts, even in my dream I was self-gratifying me for my definition. I thought it to be excellent.
After a while I felt I was dreaming, and I also felt that it was an excellent dream!
Then I came to consciousness and woke up only few minutes before sunrise.
It was November 30, 2012.


____________________________________________________________________________________
Notes on Explanation:
-I used 'spot' as I visited those spots  consecutively.


1) I don't know any poet by this name Ryan Rinkin/Ripkin! I'm not sure whether anyone on earth with this name. May be its the construction of dream. In this regard if we go to Freud and his "The Mechanisms of the Dream Work"____ the first one is-
(a) Condensation:
Term used to describe partial fusion of two or more ideas, occurring particularly in dreams, and producing a characteristic type of distortion, illustrated by such works as "treaty of Breast-Litovsk"
One image can stand for many associations.. The complexity of the latent content of a dream can therefore be derived from analyzing how repressed ideas,old ideas, unrecognized ideas and unthought-out associations connect up with the condensed image that is at the forefront of the dream. The way that a single idea or event can simultaneously represent different impulses Freud calls "over-determination".
Yes I met few world famous poet personally and have contact with many. May be it infused from this?

2)Lets go to Freud again____
 A dream is a fulfilled wish. "The dream is the disguised fulfillment of a forbidden or repressed wish after all."
The Dream Machine:In this episode Freud discovers that the hidden wish in dreams is often of a sexual nature in adults. The function of dreams is to discharge the tensions of repressed and forbidden wishes. May be the girl appeared tempting because of this fact?

3)In "Spot-3' I've gone through some visual images and natural objects. Lets go to Freud .What he says that dreams are of course, almost wholly visual, rather like a film. Like some bad films there often seems to be little connection between the events and images in a dream. However, as they say, every picture tells a story. In dreams, the story is hidden, and the visuals are the clue. It is termed as 'Dramatization' in Freud's dream work episode of the book "The Interpretations of Dream".

4) After waking up from the dream I started writing what I have seen. But I couldn't write as I saw in dream. In Freud's language I gave only a 'Secondary Elaboration' ('Dream Work' episode). In that episode he says that when someone wakes up they recall their dream and start to think about what it means. This starts with an interpretation, which can take you further away from the latent content.


কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন